Fairhaven values and encourages the involvement of volunteers throughout the Home. Volunteers contribute their time, skills, talents and knowledge to enhance the quality of life of the residents and to augment the existing services of the Home. Fairhaven encourages teamwork of staff, volunteers and residents’ families to provide high quality service to meet the needs of our residents.
Volunteers take the time to make a difference!
The time commitments for a volunteer can range from one hour per month to a half a day a week, depending upon the type of volunteer placement chosen. A minimum commitment of three months or 50 hours is required before a volunteer is accepted for placement.
Why become a volunteer?
There are many reasons why people become volunteers. As a volunteer, you can:
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Gain satisfaction by helping others
- Refine old skills and learn new ones
- Explore career opportunities
- Gain work experience
- Share your experiences, talents, hobbies and interests with others
- Develop new interests
- Gain a better understanding of elderly people
- Attain a sense of personal accomplishment
If you have time to serve as a volunteer, please contact Rhonda, Programs and Volunteer Manager, at 705-743-4265 extension 248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.