Eligibility for Admission to a Long-Term Care Home
All persons seeking admission to Fairhaven must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have valid health insurance
- Be unable to have their needs met in their existing residence by community or other services
- Have needs that may be appropriately served by Fairhaven
- The person seeking admission and/or representative (e.g., power of attorney) must first contact the Central East Community Care Access Centre, Peterborough (see contact information below).
- If a person is deemed eligible by the Central East Community Care Access Centre, the person and/or representative is asked to select three Homes of their choice, of which Fairhaven can be one.
- During the selection process, the person and/or representative may wish to tour Fairhaven. Call 705-743-4265 to arrange for an appointment.
- When a suitable room becomes available at Fairhaven, the person will receive a “bed offer” from their Access Centre. The person and/or representative may view the specific room as part of the decision-making process.
- If the person and/or representative accepts the bed, then the Access Centre coordinates the details of admission.
You can get additional information about this process from the Central East – Community Care Access Centre, Peterborough:
Central East Community Care Access Centre, Peterborough
700 Clonsilla Ave.